Room Rent has provided an excellent environment for you to go ahead and rent the spare rooms that you have and earn a decent amount of money. When you are going forward with this method, you should also have a clear understanding on how to keep the rental rooms safe for the guests. Then you will be able to get the most out of the business opportunity and receive amazing results in the long run.
Mold has the ability to grow within a short period of time. If there is moisture inside your home, an ideal platform would be created for the growth of mold. When it comes to mold, black mold is the most dangerous because it can give life to major health issues such as flu. In some cases, you will not be able to see mold, but you will be able to smell them. If you come across a musty odor in your attic, basement, closet, bathroom or anywhere else where there is moisture, there is a high probability for mold to be present. It is also possible for mold to be present under floor boards, behind tiles and between tiles.
You need to look for the signs that indicate presence of mold in your entire home. Then you should get them removed with the help of an expert, before you advertise the property on Room Rent and make them available for the guests. Otherwise, you will be risking the good health of guests who come to stay.
Carbon Monoxide can be considered as a tasteless, odorless and a colorless gas, which is associated with extremely toxic properties. The dangers of Carbon Monoxide are associated with fuel burning appliances such as clothes dryers, stoves, water heaters, space heaters, fireplaces and furnaces. Moreover, vehicles that are parked in the garage can also emit Carbon Monoxide from the exhaust. Exposure to low levels of Carbon Monoxide can lead people towards disorientation, fatigue, headache, dizziness and nausea. On the other hand, exposure to higher levels of Carbon Monoxide can cause unconsciousness, vomiting, confusion, impaired vision, impaired coordination and even death.
You need to make sure that there aren’t any potential dangers linked with carbon monoxide at your property for rent?
Drinking water contamination
Drinking water contamination is another major health hazard that is associated with room rentals. With increased amounts of pollution, most of the room rentals possess this threat. The drinking water that can be found in these rentals would contain chemicals, which can lead people towards a variety of illnesses. They include both short term health issues and long term health issues. For example, Trihalomethanes that can be found in drinking water can give life to health issues related to nervous systems, kidneys and liver. Some of the short term health issues that are associated with water contamination include mental and physical retardation and headaches.
You need to consider it as one of your responsibilities to provide clean drinking water to the guests. This is where you can purchase water bottles. Then you can provide a perfect experience to the guests who rent out your property.